Broaden your capabilities across the whole business, back your ambition and drive with sustainable leadership skills with an award-winning MBA from Sydney Business School, UOW.
Future proof your career. Start in 2024.
Ready to level up?
The Master of Business Administration (MBA) will allow you to lead with confidence, and gain the skills and knowledge to make strategic decisions across accounting and finance, governance, recruitment, marketing and drive innovation at all levels of the organisation.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- demonstrate your skills as an effective and confident leader
- communicate complex concepts powerfully
- have the critical skills to make big decisions
- be placed at the forefront of business and professional practices
- drive innovation working with a complex array of stakeholders
- confidently deliver a complex business project
Are you a highly experienced professional looking for more? Consider the Executive MBA offered at our Sydney CBD campus.
Save up to 75% on postgraduate business courses in 2024
Postgraduate study with UOW is now more affordable, with Commonwealth Supported places available for all coursework postgraduate degrees in 2024 (with the exception of our Executive level courses). In 2024, the Government will pay up to 75% of the course fees of eligible Domestic students studying a postgraduate degree at UOW.See fees and eligibility Apply now
Who is this course for?
The Master of Business Administration (MBA) is designed for experienced professionals with ambition and drive who wish to develop their responsible and sustainable leadership skills.
You will gain a holistic strategic business point-of-view required to operate effectively in an increasingly competitive and changing global business world.
If you are an experienced senior leader seeking executive leadership roles and are looking for an in-person learning experience networking with like-minded professionals from a broad range of sectors, consider the Executive Master of Business Administration (EMBA).
Successful applicants will have an undergraduate qualification, substantial managerial experience or have completed the Graduate Certificate in Business Administration. See Master of Business Administration for complete entry requirements and more information.
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
The Master of Business Administration can be taken over 1.5 years full-time (3 subjects per trimester). You can also choose to study part-time and work at your own pace. Students who are working full-time often study part-time, choosing to complete one to two subjects per trimester, taking two to four years to complete the full degree.
If you choose, you can exit early with a Graduate Diploma or Graduate Certificate in Business Administration.
Credit for prior learning
Students are encouraged to apply for credit at the time of application using formal credit arrangements based on previous studies or experience.
- Executive Master of Business Administration: Two years full-time only (delivered flexibly, including regular weekend block classes)
- Graduate Certificate in Business Administration: Two trimesters (two subjects per trimester), or part-time equivalent.
- Graduate Diploma in Business Administration: Four trimesters (two subjects per trimester), or part-time equivalent.
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
The Master of Business Administration requires the successful completion of 12 subjects (72 credit points).
Core subjects include (6 credit points each):
- Accounting For Managerial Decision-making
- Strategic Marketing Management
- Responsible Talent Management Strategies
- Design Thinking and Business Transformation
- Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Commercialisation
- Financial Strategy and Governance
- Contemporary Global Perspectives on Strategy
- Strategic Business Project
- Responsible Leadership for a Global World
- Global Business Challenges
Students complete 12 credit points of 900 level elective subjects from subjects offered from the Sydney Business School within the Faculty of Business and Law.
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
|Trimester 1 2024||
Lectures commence: 5 February 2024
|Trimester 2 2024||
Lectures commence: 13 May 2024
Trimester 3 2024
Lectures commence: 19 Aug
Trimester 2 2024
Orientation: 6 May 2024
Lectures commence: 13 May 2024
|Course||Campus||Total Course Fee|
|Master of Business Administration (MBA)||UOW Online, Wollongong or Sydney Campus||
(Compared to $59,040 for a Full-Fee Paying Place)
|Graduate Certificate in Business Administration||UOW Online, Wollongong or Sydney Campus||
(Compared to $19,680 for a Full-Fee Paying Place)
|Graduate Diploma in Business Administration||UOW Online, Wollongong or Sydney Campus||
(Compared to $39,360 for a Full-Fee Paying Place)
|Master of Business Administration (MBA) Advanced||UOW Online, Wollongong or Sydney Campus||$26,852 - $30,272* (2023) depending on subject selection.|
|Master of Business Administration (Executive)||Sydney CBD Campus||$69,408 (2023)|
|Graduate Diploma in Business Administration (Executive)||Sydney CBD Campus||$22,200 (2023)|
|Graduate Certificate in Business Administration (Executive)||Sydney CBD Campus||$44,400 (2023)|
*Total indicative course tuition fees shown is for a Commonwealth Supported place. These fees are based on normal course length and progression and are subject to change from year to year. For up to date information on course structure and fees, refer to the UOW Course Handbook.
Commonwealth Supported Places (CSPs) are University places where, for eligible domestic students, tuition fees are made up of two parts:
- an Australian Government contribution (for some courses, up to three-quarters of the tuition fee is funded by the Australian Government)
- a student contribution (which may be deferred and repaid later via a HECS-HELP loan)
To be eligible for this fee subsidy, you must meet the following criteria: Be a domestic student, i.e. an Australian or New Zealand citizen, a permanent resident of Australia or a permanent Australian Humanitarian visa holder.
The Master of Business Administration (MBA) as well as Graduate Certificate and Graduate Diploma:
The Sydney Business School, UOW integrates online learning into all subjects. However, when your course is offered through UOW Online, 100% of your course will be delivered online, including all tutorials, class discussions and submission of assessments. While classes are often scheduled, this delivery mode allows you to study from anywhere in the world with an internet connection.
Studying online still means you will be able to connect with our passionate lecturers and teachers and network with your classmates.
When you study ‘on campus’ you will attend classes on campus where you will be able to meet your peers and teachers in-person. We offer a range of weekly, evening or weekend classes to suit your lifestyle, and integrate online learning into all subjects so the time spent on campus is spent strengthening your understanding and practising your skills.
Sydney CBD Campus
Our Sydney CBD Campus is located in Circular Quay and overlooks both the Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge and is well serviced by buses, trains and ferries. It provides exceptional learning and teaching facilities. Classes are offered via weekly, evening or weekend classes to suit your lifestyle.
Wollongong is Australia’s ninth largest city, situated in the Illawarra Region on the south coast of New South Wales. Our Wollongong campus combines modern teaching and learning set amongst landscaped gardens minutes away from the beach. We have created a campus that includes academic support, accommodation, sports, culture and entertainment – so you can focus on your education in a relaxing environment.
Sydney CBD - On Campus
The Executive MBA is delivered with face-to-face classes at our Sydney CBD Campus, on weekends via intensive mode. You only usually attend the campus once per month for classes and will be provided with a two-year schedule ahead of commencing the course.
I use my MBA all the time. I use strategic decision making principles around decisions we make on a daily basis here at Australian Pathology, I use it in my board roles, I use in marketing. For me it’s been fundamental in giving me more strings in my bow to be able to deliver.
UOW’s Sydney Business School ranked 1st in Australia for the Global Executive MBA Rankings.CEO Magazine's Global MBA Ranking 2023
The University of Wollongong Sydney Business School's MBA ranked in the top 10 in Oceania for providing training and skills needed for job readiness and entrepreneur success.QS Global MBA Rankings 2020
Join one of the best
We offer a range of weekly, evening or weekend classes to suit your lifestyle.
- Evening classes: this option offers classes after 5.30 pm to help make attending class convenient for students with commitments during the day.
- Weekend classes: some classes are offered on weekends, making it easier to fit your study around your work commitments and personal life.
- Block delivery: some of our postgraduate degrees are offered in successive full-day classes allowing you to rapidly cover course material.
- Catering to professionals: when you take our MBA courses on-campus, you have the option to attend either evening classes or opt for block delivery to coincide with your work schedules.
Choose your study load
You have the option to study full-time or part-time with most courses. When you choose to study full-time you complete 3 subjects per trimester, and if studying part-time you can choose 1-2 subjects per trimester.
Upon successful completion of a Graduate Certificate, students have the option to enrol in an associated Master’s Degree, with credit for subjects completed in the Graduate Certificate.
For Business Administration and Business Administration (Executive) courses, students may progress from the Graduate Certificate, to the Graduate Diploma, then to a Master of Business Administration, with credit for subjects completed in both the Graduate Certificate and the Graduate Diploma.
Learn more about articulation agreements.
Sydney Business School, UOW is ranked among the finest institutions in the world for both teaching, student experience and research. We are proud of our:
- Prestigious AACSB Accreditation, which means we are ranked in the top 5% of business schools world-wide (AACSB).
- Our Masters degrees have received global and regional ranks in the Eduniversal 2022 Rankings.
- Tier One rating globally for our Master of Business Administration by UK based CEO Magazine (2023).
- Ranked #1 in Australia for our Executive MBA (CEO Magazine's Global Executive MBA Ranking 2023).
- Top 200 in the world for Accounting & Finance (QS World University Rankings by Subject 2023).
- 5 star rating for postgraduate Business and Management, for student support and skills development (Good Universities Guide 2023).
Learn more about our Awards and Rankings.
Sydney Business School, UOW students have access to a wealth of free support.
Career support and advice
Throughout your study and for two years after you graduate, you will have access to a qualified Careers Consultant who specialises in Business. The consultant can help you improve your employability and provide up-to-date information on the Australian job market, additional career programs, jobsearch resources and career expos.
UOW’s Sydney Business School offers a range of free events designed to develop your skills in core business functions delivered by experts in their fields. These events give you the opportunity to network with employers, alumni and students.
Academic and personal support
As a student, you’ll have the support you need to succeed. Not only do we offer academic support, but our campuses include personal support such as UOW wellbeing, health, medical and counselling services, peer mentoring, childcare services (Wollongong only) and religious spaces.
Other services include:
- Advisors and postgraduate coordinators
- Learning development support
- Peer academic coaches
I love the online MBA because I was still given the same experience as an on-campus student. In one of my units I was able to connect and work with UOW in Dubai. The course is designed to fit into our lives.
Request further course information
Fill out your details and we will reach out with additional course information, including subjects and structure, fees, dates and the application process.